Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Centre for Research in Early Childhood’s (CREC) Online Shop
When you purchase goods or services from this Shop, you are required to tick to acknowledge that you have read and accepted our Terms & Conditions, as shown below.It is very much in your best interests to read these terms in order that you are fully aware of the conditions under which you purchase. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact CREC by email; email@example.com.
Standard Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all transactions made to CREC. Please refer to Sections II and/or III below when purchasing Goods and Services online from CREC. When booking a place on a Conference or Event please see Section IV below.
CREC refers to the Centre for Research in Early Childhood and any of its constituent organisations: Centre for Research in Early Childhood in Birmingham Charitable Trust, Amber Publications & Training Ltd, and Amber Publications & Training LLP.
CREC may change these terms from time to time without notice. Changes will apply to any subsequent transactions with CREC.
These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Nothing in these Conditions excludes or limits the liability of CREC for death or personal injury caused by the CREC's negligence, or for fraudulent misrepresentation. Subject to the preceding sentence, Condition 11 constitutes the entire financial liability of the CREC (including any liability for the acts or omissions of its employees, agents and sub-contractors) to the Buyer in respect of: (i) any breach of these Conditions; and (ii) any representation, statement or negligent act or omission, including negligence arising under or in connection with the contract.
The acknowledgement of the order and these Conditions together constitute the entire agreement between the parties relating to the contract.
Each right or remedy of CREC under the contract is without prejudice to any other right or remedy of CREC whether under the contract or not.
The contract will be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with the contract.
Section I: Payments
Please read these terms carefully before booking. Using thiswebsite indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms do not use this facility. All payments are subject to the following conditions.
1. We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct account due to you quoting an incorrect account number or incorrect personal details.
2. You should check with your supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
3. The data that you provide during this booking will only be used for the purpose of recording your payment. We shall abide by the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure that the data is used for no other purposes and is disclosed to no third party. CREC will retain some personal information so that we can access payment records in the event of queries or incomplete payment information. Any . Information will only be retained for a reasonable period and then destroyed.
4. In no event will CREC be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
5. Refunds, if applicable, will only be made to the account used for the original transaction.
6. All event fees are shown excluding VAT, which is added and itemised on the invoice. Please do not issue payment before receiving your invoice.
7. Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date.
Section II: Sale of Goods
1. In these Conditions, the Delivery Address means the address specified in the personal details you, the Buyer, have supplied.
2. The contract will be subject to these Conditions of Sale, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions.
3. Any date specified by CREC for delivery/collection of the Goods is intended to be an estimate, and delivery will be within a reasonable time.
4. If for any reason the Buyer will not accept delivery of the Goods when CREC notifies the Buyer that they are ready for delivery (the time of delivery/collection), or CREC is unable to deliver the Goods on time because the Buyer has not provided appropriate instructions or the Buyer has not collected the goods from the Collection Point:-
(i) risk in the Goods will pass to the Buyer
(ii) the Goods will be deemed to have been delivered; and
(iii) CREC may store the Goods until delivery/collection, where upon the Buyer will be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance).
5. The Goods are at the risk of the Buyer from the time of delivery/collection. Ownership of the Goods will not pass to the Buyer until CREC has received cleared payment in full in respect of the Goods.
6. Unless otherwise agreed by CREC in writing, the price for the Goods will be the price as displayed on the CREC Web Site. That price is subject to the addition of all costs or charges in relation to postage, carriage and insurance, where applicable, and payment must be received in advance in all transactions.
7. The Buyer will make all payments due, in advance, under the contract of sale, without any deduction.
8. CREC confirms that (subject to the other provisions of these Conditions) upon delivery the Goods will be of satisfactory quality within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979. CREC will not be liable for a breach of this Condition unless:
(i) the Buyer gives written notice of the defect to CREC, and (if the defect is as a result of damage in transit) to the carrier, within fourteen (14) days after the time when the Buyer discovers or ought to have discovered the defect; and
(ii) CREC is given a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice to examine the Goods, and the Buyer (if asked to do so by CREC) returns the Goods to CREC, at the Buyer's cost, for the examination to take place there.
9. CREC will not be liable for a breach of Condition 8 if:
(i) the Buyer makes any further use of the Goods after giving notice; or
(ii) the defect arises because the Buyer failed to follow CREC’s instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the Goods or (if there are none) good trade practice; or
(iii) the Buyer alters or repairs the Goods without the consent of CREC.
10. All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law (save for the conditions implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979) are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the contract.
11. Subject to Condition 10:
(i) CREC’s total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the contract will be limited to the price of the Goods; and
(ii) CREC will not be liable to the Buyer for loss of profit, loss of business or depletion of goodwill nor for any indirect or consequential liability, loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with the contract.
12. CREC reserves the right to defer the date of delivery / collection or to cancel the contract in the case of any strike, lockout, disorder, fire, explosion, accident or stoppage of or affecting the CREC's business or work which is beyond its reasonable control and which prevents or hinders the delivery of the Goods.
Section III: Sale of Services
1. Unless otherwise agreed by CREC in writing, the price for the Services will be the price as displayed on the CREC Web Site. That price is subject to the addition of all taxes costs or charges in relation to provision of the Services, where applicable, and payment must be received in advance in all transactions.
2. The Buyer will make all payments due, in advance, under the contract of sale, without any deduction.
3. Payment is due in full upon completion and return of the booking form. Due to limited space we advise early booking and payment to avoid disappointment. Your registration will not be confirmed until payment is received. Admission to any event held at CREC will be refused if payment has not been received.
4. Cancellation. Please see Section V
Section IV: Conferences and Events
1. Cancellation of a Conference or Event by CREC. CREC reserves the right to cancel a Conference or Event or any associated event at its sole discretion. In the event of such a cancellation CREC will refund the value of the booking or any ticket sold upon proof of purchase. CREC expressly excludes any liability for any direct or indirect losses or damages howsoever arising as a result of such cancellation and will not, for example, be responsible for any travel or accommodation costs incurred. In the event of cancellation, CREC will use reasonable endeavours to publicise the cancellation and details will be posted on the website associated with the Conference or event. Attendees are responsible for checking this information prior to the event.
2. Cancellation by you. Please see Section V
Section V: Events Cancellation policy
Cancellation of an event by CREC
CREC reserves the right to cancel any event or any associated function. In the event of such a cancellation, CREC will refund any monies paid, direct to the purchaser, upon proof of purchase. CREC expressly excludes any liability for any direct or indirect losses or damages howsoever arising as a result of such a cancellation and will not, for example, be responsible for any travel or accommodation costs incurred.
In the event of cancellation, CREC will use reasonable endeavours to alert those who have booked to attend an event or purchased tickets and details of a cancellation will be posted on the website.
Attendees are responsible for checking this information prior to the event.
Cancellation by those booked to attend an event
Cancellation of attendance by individuals or groups, must be given in writing and received by the Events organiser Selma Manjee (via telephone: 0121 464 7233 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 5 working days prior to the event in order to receive a refund. Those who fail to attend or cancel their attendance within 5 working days of the events, for whatever reason, will not receive a refund.
Centre for Research in Early Childhood
St Thomas Children’s Centre
Bell Barn Road
UK Tel: 0121 464 7233| |Overseas Tel: +44 121 464 7233